Sheaf Poetry Festival is looking for a Poet in Residence for our 2020 Festival, which runs in Sheffield from Friday 15th May to Saturday 23rd May 2020.
The Poet in Residence will be invited to run a workshop and read as part of the festival, but will have freedom over the subject and style of these events. They will also need to be available to attend various festival events and may take on duties such as introducing guest poets.
We would also like the Poet in Residence to develop ideas for events that they would like to create for the festival which would be likely to increase awareness of the festival and bring in a wider audience. We are particularly interested in events which are specific to Sheffield, and events or project ideas which will reach audiences who would not typically come to poetry events.
The successful candidate would need to be available to come to Sheffield for meetings prior to the festival, and would need to be able to stay in Sheffield for the duration of the festival. Accommodation will be provided.
– A track record as a published poet
– Excellent communication skills
– Willingness to contribute to the festival’s online presence, i.e. website, blogging, social media
– Experience in running workshops / teaching
– Experience of delivering projects to deadlines and within budget constraints
– Innovative ideas for residency project
– Willingness to collaborate with other artists / poets
There is a fee of £1000 to pay the poet, plus a project budget of £500 which can be used to support events / expenses.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 16th February 2020. Please apply with a CV and a covering letter, and attach a separate project brief with a detailed budget breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held on Monday 24th February.